Bizarre behavior in MS Word 97
In Microsoft Word 97 (Service release 1 or higher)
- Type the word Blue
- Select it
- Use Format Font and change its color to Blue, then boldface
- Deselect the word, then type a space after it
- With the cursor after the space, choose Help, About Microsoft Word
- Then click on the icon in the upper left corner of the help message
Even more bizarre in Excel!
- In Excel 97, open a new blank work sheet.
- Press F5 and type X97:L97 in the "Reference" box, then click OK
- Now hit your tab key once (you should end up in cell M97).
- press "Ctrl" and "Shift" while clicking once on the
"Chart wizard" icon (the one at the top with the
blue-yellow-red bar chart).
- Welcome aboard! After a few moments you should be flying. Steer with
the mouse, accelerate and decelerate with the left and right mouse buttons
respectively, and look for the monoliths with the programmer credits.